OPEN GROUP SURF LESSONS - 3 hour Lesson, includes full day optional board/wetsuit rental
Our open group lessons runs daily at 10am and 2pm. In the open group lesson, you will join other individuals for a group lesson. If you have a group of 3 or more, you can schedule a private group lesson at a discount rate. Please contact Ocean Experience for more details about a group lesson or make a reservation below.
Our open group lessons offer the most comprehensive introduction to surfing in San Diego and are a great way to meet other surfers. Students will be placed in a group with others who have signed up for the same date and time. You will receive tips and coaching from our experienced, ocean safety certified instructors. Before entering the water you will learn everything you need to know about safety, your ocean surroundings and balancing on waves in the land based portion of the lesson. You will go through our 5 step surf training that will fast track your surfing along with our helpful instructors pushing you into some waves. Its an experience you will never forget!
Price: $35 per hour/ $105 per lesson, per person.
Things To Know About The Lesson And What To Bring:
- The meeting spot for the lesson is South Mission Beach Jetty Parking lot by the benches. Look for a blue tent with surf school signs or surf school van. Ocean Experience has a permit for Surf lessons in South Mission Beach.
- The lesson lasts for 3 hours with short breaks.
- You might want to bring water and definitely sunscreen, bathing suit and towel. We supply a board and wetsuit to each surfer.
- We will be learning a bit about ocean awareness and doing a land based orientation to surfing before entering the water.
- We will learn about surfing and surf breaks.
- Be prepared to swim and paddle a surfboard.
- Most of all get ready to have a blast and potentially be hooked on surfing.
Or Call us at 619.225.2317 to book over the phone. The Ultimate San Diego Surf Lesson at Ocean Experience Surfing School.