1 on 1 or Private Groups
Private surf lessons are perfect for individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of surfing with undivided attention. Your surf lesson experience starts by building your fundamental skills and ocean knowledge/safety on land and then taking it to the ocean. Our proven learn-to-surf method will have you up and riding waves in no time. Students are offered free rentals the day of the lesson and half-off rentals for the remainder of the week. All of our instructors are ocean safety certified, and will be there to coach you and give you personalized instruction to help you get a jumpstart to riding waves. From beginner to intermediate, our private instruction is designed to help each and every student learn to surf and refine their surfing skills.
Price: $65/ hour per lesson 2 hour minimum ($130 per person)
THINGS TO KNOW AND WHAT TO BRING:
- The meeting spot for the lesson is South Mission Beach Jetty Parking lot by the benches unless told otherwise
- Ocean Experience has a permit for Surf lessons in South Mission Beach.
- The lesson lasts for 3 hours with short breaks.
- Bring water and sunscreen, bathing suit and towel. We supply a board and wetsuit to each surfer.
- We will be learning a bit about ocean awareness and doing a land based orientation to surfing before entering the water.
- We will learn about surfing and surf breaks.
- Be prepared to swim and paddle on a surfboard.
- Most of all get ready to have a blast and potentially be hooked on surfing!
Your first private lessons is a 2-hour minimum. After we can do follow up lessons at $65/ hour.